Some recent publications from the Centre for Medical Education Research:
- Morrow, G, Burford, B, Redfern, N, Briel, R, Illing, J Does specialty training prepare doctors for senior roles? A questionnaire study of new UK consultants. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2012;88:558-565.
- Kelly, M., O’Flynn, S., McLachlan, J. C., Sawdon, M. A. The Clinical Conscientiousness Index: a valid tool for exploring professionalism in the clinical undergraduate setting. Academic Medicine. 2012;87:1218-1224.
- Burford, B. Conflict and power as intergroup processes: not below the surface, but part of the fabric. Medical Education. 2012;46:830-832.
- Cosgrove, J.F., Nesbitt, I.D., Kennedy, D.J., et al. Thomas the Tank Engine significantly improves the understanding of oxygen delivery and hypoxaemia. Medical Teacher. 2012;34:511-511.
- Tiffin, P. A., Dowell, J. S., McLachlan, J. C. Widening access to UK medical education for under-represented socioeconomic groups: Modelling the impact of the UKCAT in the 2009 cohort. British Medical Journal. 2012;e1805.
- Rothwell, C, Burford, B, Morrison, J, et al. Junior Doctors prescribing: enhancing their learning in practice.British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2012;73:194-202.
- Griksaitis, M, Sawdon, M, Finn, G Ultrasound and cadaveric prosections as methods for teaching cardiac anatomy: A comparative study. Anatomical Sciences Education. 2012;5:20-26.
- Morrow, G, Johnson, N, Burford, B, et al. Preparedness for practice: The perceptions of medical graduates and clinical teams. Medical Teacher. 2012;34:123-135.
- Burford, B. Group processes in medical education: Learning from social identity theory. Medical Education. 2012;46:143-152.